ROBLEE FOUNDATION GRANT GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The Joseph H. and Florence A. Roblee Foundation is dedicated to promoting change by supporting organizations that improve quality of life and help individuals to fulfill their potential. The Foundation arises out of a Judeo-Christian framework and values ecumenical endeavors. The Foundation particularly supports programs that work to break down cultural, racial, ethnic, religious, gender, and identity barriers.
The Roblee Foundation, established in 1971, is based in St. Louis, and accepts applications for grants in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri and Miami-Dade in Florida. However, grants may be made in other areas of special interest to the Board.
Most grants range from $3,000-$20,000.
The Roblee Foundation accepts grant proposals in the following focus areas:
To improve education through:COMMUNITY
- Supporting systemic change
- Teacher training & recruitment
- Elevating the status of teaching
- Addressing achievement gap
- Assuring children enter elementary school ready to learn
- Developing the love of learning
To support and promote community through:FAMILY SUPPORT ISSUES
- Promoting understanding, cooperation and respect between different cultures, ethnic/racial groups, religions, and sexual orientations.
- Developing leadership and civic responsibility
- Supporting community initiatives
- Promoting access to healthy food and nutrition education
- Preventing human trafficking and providing support services for victims
To strengthen families through:
- Parenting education
- Family support programs
- Advancing the rights of and encourage services for alternative-model families
To empower women through:
To support children and youth programs that:
- Reproductive freedom
- Prevention of violence, abuse, and poverty
- Economic independence
- Provide early childhood services
- Prevent and/or address:
- Teen pregnancy
- Substance abuse
- Violence and abuse
- Improve the foster care system
- Protect and support LGBTQ youth
- Provide professional development for child care providers
The Foundation accepts proposals for the following types of support:
- Project and program funds. (We have traditionally emphasized programs that support advocacy, prevention, and systemic improvements, but we will support treatment and crisis intervention when the approach is innovative or there is an unusual need.)
- Capacity building and technical assistance
- Startup funds and planning grants
- Policy development and advocacy
- Scholarship programs
- Capital and endowment campaigns
The foundation does not award grants to individuals. Unsolicited proposals for support of the arts, medical research, environmental concerns, or other projects outside the above stated program areas or geographic regions will not be considered.
First time applicants to the foundation are encouraged to call foundation staff to explore your project’s funding potential.
Grant seekers are encouraged to submit proposals year round; however, the Roblee Foundation has a two-cycle docket. Proposals must be postmarked on or before the deadline date to be considered for that particular docket.
Jan 15 (Grants to be awarded in June or early July)
June 15 (Grants to be awarded in Dec)
Three complete copies of the following information, including three copies of the cover letter, are required when submitting a proposal.
- Cover Letter:
including amount requested, and contact person if other than Executive Director.
- Proposal Summary:
completed on the form provided by the foundation and limited to the three single sided pages. A project budget as outlined by the Missouri Common Grant Application Project Budget Template must be attached.
- The Missouri Common Grant Application:
(beginning with narrative) and all required attachments.
Proposals submitted electronically or by fax will not be accepted.
Three complete copies of the proposal summary, narrative and all attachments must be mailed via United States Postal Service (USPS) to the following address. Other carriers will not deliver to a PO Box, therefore only USPS should be used. All proposals postmarked on or before the required deadline will be considered, regardless of delivery date.
Joseph H. and Florence A. Roblee Foundation
PO Box 191255
St. Louis, MO 63119
For organizations in Florida, three additional complete copies should be mailed to:
Joseph H. and Florence A. Roblee Foundation
5003 S.W. 71st Pl.
Miami, FL 33155
RESPONSIBILITIES OF GRANT RECIPIENTS
Grants shall be used solely for the purposes and for the period of time outlined in the proposal, unless the Grantee has received permission from the Foundation.
Grantees are required to submit a complete evaluation and financial report at the conclusion of the grant period.
DOWNLOADS & FORMS:
- Proposal Summary (MS Word format)
- Proposal Summary (PDF format)
- Missouri Common Grant Application User Guide (PDF format)
- Missouri Common Grant Application Form (MS Word format)
- Missouri Common Grant Application Form (PDF format)
- Missouri Common Grant Application Budget Template (MS Excel format)
- Roblee Proposal Checklist (PDF format)
- Final Report